GIS4BUSINESS assisted with the integration of Portsmouth Water’s existing Esri enterprise GIS solution with IFS, a new corporate finance and work management system.
GIS4BUSINESS involvement included:
- Architecture and detailed design of the GIS integration;
- Design and implementation of the GIS database and schema changes required to support the IFS application and Mobile GIS solution;
- Creation of supporting map, feature and mobile GIS services in ArcGIS Server 10.2.1;
- Configuration, design and customisation of a mobile GIS solution using ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2, including integration with the IFS Mobile Work Order application;
- Assisting IFS and Portsmouth Water with configuration and enhancements to the GIS components of the IFS back-office application;
- Design and development of supporting batch processes and services that exchange data between GIS and IFS;
- Delivery and implementation of the solution in a production environment;
The design, development and customisation were undertaken using an agile, iterative approach, working closely with Portsmouth Water and IFS to ensure that the various deliverables were successfully integrated with other components of the solution.