NHS Drive-time Analysis
May 2011 – Aug 2011
GIS4BUSINESS were asked to undertake drive-time analysis and produce maps and associated population data for several NHS trauma centres in the East of England.
Drive-time analysis was undertaken for each trauma centre in the East of England using Navteq street data. The analysis work involved:
- Generation of peak and off-peak drive-time isochrones using basic road speeds.
- Generation of peak and off-peak drive-time isochrones using INRIX GPS based average road speeds.
- Generation of peak and off-peak drive-time isochrones using estimated blue-light speeds.
- Calculation of population statistics using spatial analysis for individual drive-times and for the areas of overlap between drive-times.
- Production of a series of high resolution PDF maps showing the drive-times against Ordnance Survey background data.
- Supply of the resulting drive-time polygons in Esri shapefile format for incorporation into NHS own systems and reports.
The analysis completed by GIS4BUSINESS enabled NHS East of England to better visualise estimated trauma response times and help aid future planning and decision making, especially with regards to which trauma centre is best placed to respond to an incident.
If you are interested in any of our products or services, contact us today and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.