GIS4BUSINESS worked closely with eflorist to design and develop a web-based mapping application to enable franchised retail outlets to map their delivery areas, postcodes and rates.
GIS4BUSINESS undertook design, development and support in the following areas:
- Design and development of a custom web application and services utilising the Google Maps API.
- Design and configuration of the supporting SQL Server database.
- Procurement of postcode and other third-party data to support the application.
- Development of end-user enhancements and management tools.
- Development of a custom desktop GIS application and related services to manage and report on the data collected through the system.
- Geographic analysis and production of various density maps to visualise the franchised store coverage.
- Ongoing support and maintenance of the application.
The system was later expanded into other territories and enabled eFlorist to manage delivery areas more efficiently and gain greater insight into their franchised network.