The Severn Trent Water SiteMate project involved the replacement of SAP MI with SAP Work Manager and subsequent changes to the integration with an existing customised ArcGIS Mobile solution. Several enhancements to the overall solution were also included to provide sketching and confirm, correct and collect functionality for Waste Water jobs.
Accenture undertook the design and development of the SAP Work Manager solution and changes to ArcGIS Mobile. However, Severn Trent Water requested that GIS4BUSINESS assist with:
- Mobilisation of the project on the GIS side, enabling Accenture to begin development work on time;
- Input into design workshops to finalise the functional specification;
- A detailed design review of the functional specification produced by Accenture;
- A detailed design review of the GIS technical specifications produced by Accenture;
- Code reviews of the changes to ArcGIS Mobile customisation code and back-end data processing code;
- Support and assistance during testing, deployment and transition to support.
The design, review and support input from GIS4BUSINESS enabled Accenture to get up and running quickly and reduced the risk involved in making code changes to the existing ArcGIS Mobile solution.