Corporate Address Management
Severn Trent Water
Jun 2015 – Jan 2017
GIS4BUSINESS were involved in design, development and implementation of changes to existing systems, including GIS, during the implementation of a corporate address management solution at Severn Trent Water.
The solution included the implementation of Esri UK’s LocatorHub product, along with Ordnance Survey AddressBase Premium address data. Several existing systems required changes, including work management (SAP), billing and GIS solutions.
GIS4BUSINESS were involved the following as part of the overall project:
- Identifying and designing the changes required to existing current and legacy GIS solutions and supporting processes.
- Developing data transformation processes using FME and Python to update current and legacy systems with ABP data sourced from LocatorHub.
- Modifying existing custom mobile GIS components to aid delivery of address data changes to mobile devices.
- Installing and configuring the LocatorHub solution and associated SQL Server databases, including loading the OS AddressBase Premium data using LocatorHub.
- Providing support during system and user acceptance testing, updating documentation and assisting with transition to support.
The address management solution was successfully implemented across all systems using a phased approach, bringing the benefits of a single, centralised source of address data that can be managed more efficiently.
“STW have employed a variety of services from GIS4BUSINESS that have involved a range of technologies and complexity with significant collaboration across our business. The quality of outputs and professionalism are excellent and we would not hesitate to engage GIS4BUSINESS for future projects.”
If you are interested in any of our products or services, contact us today and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.