STW Desktop GIS Upgrade
Severn Trent Water
May 2015 – Aug 2015
GIS4BUSINESS provided GIS consultancy during the upgrade of Severn Trent Water’s view-only desktop GIS solution, known as GISSTanalyser, from Esri ArcGIS version 9.2 to 10.2.1.
In addition to supporting the project planning phase, GIS4BUSINESS involvement included:
- Producing detailed technical designs for the solution and data migration processes.
- Database schema design for the target Esri geodatabase feature classes and tables.
- Documenting the source and target datasets that were to be included in the migration and any on-the-fly data transformations and indexing for approval by stakeholders.
- Development of data migration processes using FME and Python to perform one-off migration and ongoing replication of data between the legacy Oracle Spatial database and the corporate SQL Server Esri geodatabase.
- Supporting the system and user acceptance testing, including performance investigations and issue resolution in collaboration with Esri UK.
The solution was successfully implemented using Citrix to several hundred users across the business, ensuring that the solution continues to be supported and enabling advanced users to access up-to-date asset and third-party GIS data.
“STW have employed a variety of services from GIS4BUSINESS that have involved a range of technologies and complexity with significant collaboration across our business. The quality of outputs and professionalism are excellent and we would not hesitate to engage GIS4BUSINESS for future projects.”
If you are interested in any of our products or services, contact us today and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.