Utility GIS Migration
Jan 2013 – May 2014
GIS4BUSINESS completed a GIS migration for Brookfield Utilities, a multi-utility client that install and manage gas, electricity, water and fibre networks.
Technical consultancy was provided by GIS4BUSINESS in the following areas as part of the GIS migration from their existing Esri ArcGIS 9.2 solution to version 10.1:
- Architecting the new version 10.1 Esri solution, including database, server and desktop components.
- Installation of all Esri components, including ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server.
- Configuration of the SQL Server 2012 enterprise SDE geodatabase, including active directory based security.
- Configuration of ArcGIS Server, including security and migration of existing map services.
- Dry-run and live GIS migration including migration of existing data from the Oracle SDE 9.2 database to a SQL Server 2012 SDE geodatabase.
- Development and execution of post-migration data transformation and cleansing scripts to improve data quality and completeness.
- Provision of onsite training, documentation and support during and following the migration.
- Production of various options reports, including for proposed integration of GIS with Microsoft AX Dynamics.
The system was successfully implemented in a live environment and formed the basis for Brookfield Utilities to improve workflows and integration with other corporate systems.
If you are interested in any of our products or services, contact us today and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.