GIS4BUSINESS has provided GIS support to Portsmouth Water since 2011, covering an Esri-based solution that includes:
- ArcGIS Desktop including desktop customisations;
- Asset and third-party data held in several enterprise SDE geodatabases in a SQL Server database.
Following a recent project to integrate GIS with IFS, a new work management and financial system, the GIS support agreement has been extended to cover:
- ArcGIS Server including map, feature and geoprocessing services;
- ArcGIS Mobile including mobile customisations and integration with IFS;
- Back-end scripts, processes and services that support the integration with IFS;
- Deployment of minor changes and regular data maintenance;
The agreement with Portsmouth Water encompasses the specific use-cases and work flows in which the overall solution is utilised. We have worked together with Portsmouth Water and third-party suppliers to track and resolve bugs and issues and provide strategic and technical GIS advice.
Our ongoing GIS support allows Portsmouth Water’s own staff to focus on core responsibilities, such as capturing, managing and updating their asset information, planning future asset improvements and reporting internally and externally.